Saturday, May 5, 2012

Home Sweet Home


Matt 13:58

“And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.”



Jesus was teaching in His hometown. I can imagine his possible excitement at returning to the place where He had grown the first 30 years of His life. He would see friends and family. But He knew the reception He would get. It was a visibility deficiency – they knew Him only as a man and could not see beyond that. They would happily listen to their friend, but not revere their master.

Sound familiar? Isn't that what we want in America? We want our friend, the man Jesus. But we do not want One greater than ourselves. So, that is exactly what He gives us. Notice the verse says that He did not do MANY miracles. They are available for those who are willing to see them.

I don't know about you, but I want to see them.  I expect to see them.  I want to serve my Master because I realize I make a lousy one.  I want Jesus to fill the role He was meant to have.  He's going to tell me what to do, and I may not like it.  It may be painful or uncomfortable.  But I trust that He knows best.

Where is Jesus's home now?  To me, it is in my heart.  I want to welcome Him there.  There, the Holy Spirit will teach, and I surely hope I can be humble enough to listen and recognize His authority in His home.

(Sorry this was a short one.  Just to the point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment